Unit 1 Reflection

Unit 1 Reflection

     In the course of this class, I've learned about the culture of different countries

 which contain some customs, dress and habits. I've done some research about 

Americans, Korean and Japanese cultures. I used to talk to my classmates about 

personality and culture. Sometimes, I used to look up this knowledge and culture 

through online resources or discuss today's lessons with friends after class. My Aha 

moment was when I first learned this course, I realized that the culture was different 

and diversified. In fact, like why some women with fabric over their heads and 

then I knew they belonged to Islam. They believe in their own religion, but in my 

country, I've never seen such a habit and custom. I was surprised and curious. It's just 

like my culture shock. Now I know through the information on the internet that this is 

a kind of cultural inheritance. My bumper sticker is that I am a member of the culture. 

I am unique in this culture. I didn't know that before I took this class. I never thought 

culture coule be a human habit, tradition and custom. In my mind, I just think culture 

is just a simple expression of the difference between a place and a country. Before I 

wrote about the culture shock, I haven't realized what these cultures really mean. 

During this time, I realized that I had learned multicultural knowledge and real 

culture, such like an iceberg. It's as if new words come into my mind. For example, folk 

culture, mainstream, high culture, cultural relativism and Inculturation. I think this 

information will let me learn new stuff. It's also a skill that will enable me to deal better 

with interpersonal relationships in life. That's all my reflection on unit 1. 






评论